Welcome to the German Society of Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health
Formally known as the German Association of Tropical Paediatrics (ATP) an official namechange was undertaken on June 29th 2015 to better reflect the society's focus on child health beyond the tropical context.
The German Society for Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health (GPT= Deutsche Gesellschaft für Tropenpädiatrie und Internationale Kindergesundheit) was founded in 1983 as a subspeciality of the German Society of Child and Adolescence Health (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Kinder- und Jugendmedizin e.V.) and is registered as a charity organization since 2003.
It aims at a close cooperation with national and international organizations (e.g. WHO) dealing with issues in the field of Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health. The society is engaged in research and clinical projects.
"Children at risk"
More information are to follow soon
Intensive Course on Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health
Click here for further details
Reports on previous courses can be found here.
Further information about the GTP
- To improve child health internationally with focus on ressource limited settings
- To provide and facilitate education about tropical paediatrics and international child health
- To do and facilitate research about tropical paediatrics and international child health
- To create and to be a network of and for doctors, who commit oneself to the improvement of quality of preventive and curative medical care in ressource limited settings
- To be a contact and competence group for questions around tropical paediatrics and international child health for other organizations and societies in Germany as well as on the international level.
- Work group for our GTP annual conference (varying sites and coordinators)
- Work group TropPaedCourse (Adamczick, Brockmeyer, Kitz, Maritz, Meißner, Schmidt, van't Ende, Züchner, Konopelska and others)
- Work group public relations (coordinator: St. Nolte)
- Work group nutrition (Grabosch, Krawinkel)
- Work group nursing (Irene Schmidt)
- Everyone with special interest and/or experience in tropical paediatrics and international child health who would like to support our organization can become a member of the GTP. The membership application should be supported by signatures of two GTP members. The annual membership fee is 25 Euros/person/year.
- GTP statutes
- Membership application with payment information